Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Your Phone (required)
Your Project Description (ie. new home, renovation, green, commercial etc.)
1. What leisure time activities are important, do they take place in the house, on the property and/or what is required to support the activity?
2. What work activities are important, do they take place at home or on the property, and what is required to support the activities?
3. What other activities or needs are a priority, where do they take place, and what is required to support them? (For example, parenting, religion, entertaining, pets, or whatever activities are at the core of your daily, weekly or monthly life are important to uncover)
4. Is TV an important focus, an occasional activity, or not important at all?
5. Is music a focus, in the background, or not important at all?
6. Do you own any equipment that needs to be incorporated or planned for in any way?
7. Do you own any furniture or art items that need to be incorporated or planned for in any way?
8. Are there architectural styles that you like, are drawn to, or want to know more about?
9. Are your sensibilities formal, modern, casual, chic, country, minimalist, or a combination of styles?
10. Are there any special features that are important to you? (for example fireplace, cathedral ceiling, or sunroom)
11. Do you want any rooms or areas to convey a particular feeling, like calm or energizing?
12. Do you have a preference for hard-surface floors, area rugs, or wall-to-wall carpet?
13. Do you want window treatments? Are the window treatments decorative or for blocking light or view?
14. Do you prefer natural materials to synthetic?
15. Is there a message or feeling you want the house to convey?
16. Is this a primary or secondary home?
17. How long to you plan to own the house?
18. If it is a primary home, do you spend long periods of time away from home, or is it almost always occupied?
19. If it is a secondary home, how much time will you spend there and at what time of year? Would it ever be a rental?
20. Is the house for your use or for resale?
21. What issues are central to bringing you to this point, and which is the highest priority?
22. Are there any health or wellness issues that concern you, such as air quality, mold, toxicity, the natural environment, special needs or future special needs?
23. Who will live in or use this house?
24. Do you enjoy cooking and spend a lot of time in the kitchen? Do you have a staff member who prepares meals? Do you eat out most of the time?
25. Do you entertain a lot, occasionally, or almost never?
26. Do you presently have too much of one kind of space and/or not enough of another kind of space?
27. What is the quality of light you want to achieve? (for example, morning sun in the kitchen, dark at night in the bedroom, the ability to create different moods in the dining room)
28. What is the quality of sound you want to achieve? (for example, I want it quiet in my office/ meditation space; I want to be able to hear my kids when they are in the back yard)
29. What views are important, and what kind of connection do you want to establish to the outdoors?
30. What relationships between rooms and spaces are important? (for example, I want my office/meditation space tucked away and private; I want the kitchen open and adjacent to the family room; I want the guest space to seem private; I want the kids working on the computer were they can be monitored)
31. Do you have colors that you love? Do you like things bright, colorful, muted, neutral, or earthy?
32. Do you have friends or family members who will stay for long periods of time?
33. Do you have, or anticipate in the future, an elderly family member living with you?
34. Where in your house do people tend to gather and spend most of their time?
35. Are high ceilings important to you?
36. Do you have a clear picture of your present or future budget? Include details if possible.
37. What timeline constraints or concerns do you have?
38. Are there any natural features on your property that are important to view, enhance, protect, or experience in any way?
39. Are there any features on your property or abutting property that you want screened from view?
40. Are you aware of any problems with zoning, codes, neighbors, or anything else that may create an obstacle?
41. Are there any views that you want to achieve or avoid from any particular location or room?
42. Are any outbuildings part of the scope of work? (for example, guest house, barn, pool house, garden shed)
43. What transitional spaces are part of the scope of work or important to you? (for example, porch, deck, patio, covered walkway)
44. What outdoor spaces are part of the scope of work or important to you? (for example, swimming pool, tennis court, play area, or garden)
45. Do you have any interest in or want to know more about energy efficiency, resource consciousness, healthy human environment, alternative energy (such as solar or wind power), composting toilets, or grey-water systems?
46. Are you interested in or concerned about curb appeal and/or resale value?
47. Have you built a house, renovated, or added on to a house before? What was the experience like?
48. Is there a particular way that you would like to work with us, or is there something you want us to be aware of or sensitive to?
49. Do you prefer particular modes of communication? (for example, email, phone, face to face, handwritten correspondence, or a combination)
50. What questions do you have for us?